Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Chocolate Roses is featured on LDS Bookcorner this week!

Chocolate Roses, my 2nd published novel, is featured on LDS Bookcorner's Fiction Daily Chapter this week. This is a service that breaks down the first chapter of a novel and sends it in short segments throughout the week.

To check out LDSBookcorner, or to sign up for future daily chapters click here.

To read the first chapter of Chocolate Roses, click on the Chocolate Roses book cover at the right (on this site) in the sidebar.

I personally love the story of Chocolate Roses. People ask me which of my novels I like the best, and I really can't choose. I like them both. I love the ghost aspect, characters, and the solution in Haunts Haven, but I'm partial to the love story in Chocolate Roses. The first-person aspect of it allowed me to write in my own thoughts and dumb humor--the freedom to "write off the top of my head." In both stories, I enjoyed writing the subplots and weaving everyone's story together.
So here is the back cover blurb:

A modern LDS parody of
Jane Eyre set in a chocolate shop, Chocolate Roses is rich read. You'll find yourself wanting to curl up in your favorite chair with the book in one hand and a supply of chocolate in the other.
She’s in love . . .
He’s out of reach . . .
Is there any hope?
Janie Rose Whitaker’s world revolved around her chocolate shop until Roger Wentworth and his young daughter moved into the apartment across from Janie’s. Anyone would think Roger fit the mold of the “perfect” guy, but soon Janie discovers secrets that could keep them apart forever. Though she resists getting involved in Roger’s complicated life, they are drawn further into a bittersweet relationship.
You will laugh, cry, and crave chocolate as you read this LDS parody of the classic novel Jane Eyre.
(My daughter Kristy penned that line and never got credit. :-) Thank you, Kristy!)

“I’m a big fan of Joan Sowards, so I picked up Chocolate Roses with great expectations. It’s every bit as scrumptious as the title implies. Once again, this creative, funny writer will leave you wanting more, more, more!”
—Kerry Blair, best-selling LDS author
Chocolate Roses is a fresh and modern retelling of the classic novel, Jane Eyre. Peppered with loveable characters and countless moments of humor, you’ll find yourself drawn into Janie’s life and her plight with the unattainable Roger Wentworth. Grab a box of chocolates and settle down for one delectable story.
—Amesbury Reads
Chocolate Roses can be purchased from Amazon, Deseret Book, and your local LDS bookstore.

1 comment: