Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Star Prophecy by Joan Sowards


I just received my first copy of my novel, The Star Prophecy and it is beautiful. It is a tale of young Nephite men who set sail for Jerusalem to find the Christ Child.

The back cover blurb reads:

"You are crazy. No Nephite has ever returned."

Most people laugh when they hear of Enoch's dream of returning to Jerusalem to find the infant Messiah. Even Enoch's future father-in-law mocks him when he asks for a postponement of his long-awaited wedding to his beloved Rebekah. A few take Enoch seriously--the shipbuilder Omnihah, Enoch's teacher David, and the prophet Nephi.

Five Years before, a Lamanite named Samuel had stood on the wall of Zarahemla and prophesied that "five years more cometh" and the Christ would be born in Jerusalem. Time is running out! Enoch knows he must set sail across the great water in search of his dream--to see the face of the Messiah.

The Star Prophecy is a surprising story of courage and love, faith and fortitude. Sail with Enoch and his friends across the sea through hardship and adventure in search of the Christ child.

"I love Joan Sowards' inventive mind. She begins this adventurous tale with "what if?' and tells it so well that the reader closes the book thinking 'why not?' The Star Prophecy adds a surprising new dimension to the Christmas story." -Liz Adair, author of Counting the Cost

"Action-adventure, romance, inspirational, and historical fiction all rolled into one make the Star Prophecy an exciting page turner." -Margaret L Turley, author of Save the Child

Buy at Amazon and LDS Bookstores

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! That sounds like a terrific book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Angie, for celebrating with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joan, I would love to read it and do a book review on writersmirror.blogspot.com.

    Congrats!!!! Also, way to go with your American Mothers win! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to reread some emails to catch up and see that yes, your book is done. The cover is beautiful and the story sounds equally as beautiful. Perfect for Christmas!! I'd love to review it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fantastic! Can't wait to read the whole thing! I'd love to post a reveiw on my blog shaunnagonzales(dot)blogspot(dot)com
    A friend at Amazon is anxious to help me set up a direct link from my blog to Amazon to buy the book too. (Maybe that will make up for the small following that I have.) visit my blog and let me know if you want me to post a review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read it. I love all your books

    ReplyDelete