Monday, February 1, 2010

The Stranger She Married by Donna Hatch


I was excited to receive Donna Hatch's Regency romance, The Stranger She Married as a Christmas gift and enjoyed reading it very much. It contains romance, mystery, adventure. The Stranger is Book One of the Rogue Hearts Series. Each book tells of a different brother in the Amesbury family.


Here is the synopsis:

Torn between a disfigured war hero with the heart of a poet, and a handsome libertine who may not be all he seems, impoverished Alicia must marry by the end of the month. Despite a murder threat looming over her, learning to love the stranger she married may pose the greatest danger of all … to her heart.

The cover is gorgeous! In this interview with Donna Hatch, she tells how about how cover come into being.

Donna: Most publishers don't let the authors have any input, but I was lucky -- but mine does. I filled out a questionnaire with character descriptions and a concept of what I'd pictured. The finished result was nothing like I'd imagined, and the hero looks nothing like the cover, but they got the heroine spot-on right down to the eye color. And I do like it, too.

What are you working on now?

Donna: I'm finalizing the edits on book 3 of the Rogue Heart's Series which isn't titled yet. (Gulp.) Book 2, "The Guise of a Gentleman" will be out in April. Each book is a stand-alone book, about a different brother of the Amesbury family, and the family members wander in and out of each other's books.

You have a posse of kiddos, how do you find time to write? How do you balance family with writing?

Donna: Yes, with 6 children, making time to write is very challenging. I do much of my writing at night after they are in bed, or during nap time, but when I'm on a roll, I write instead of unimportant things like fix dinner. I haven't dusted since last Christmas and I gave up scrap booking. This year, my youngest child just started kindergarten, so now I can write after they all leave for school. I also work in an office part time every afternoon, so that really cuts into my writing but I'm very focused, (or obsessed) so I keep at it at odd times of the day. And night.

What is the coolest thing about being an author?

Donna: A huge rush came when I got my contract and I was giddy about it for months. But I have to say that was nothing compared to the day my book came out and I saw it on the home page of my publisher. The euphoria was almost a surreal experience. The giddiness is still with me and I've noticed people inching away from me when my grin gets a bit too happy. I guess I scare people. And now I do it without even opening my mouth.

What has surprised you about being a published author?

Donna: How excited my friends and family were for me. I knew they'd be supportive, but I had no idea how they'd rally around me and help me promote it like they have. My niece even set up a fan of The Stranger She Married fan page!

What do you like to do when you aren't writing?

Donna: I love to read more than almost anything else. And I love music; I sing, play the harp, and am the choir director for church. I also like to swim, water ski, snow ski, and dance. I’m totally uncoordinated, so I don’t play any team sports and sports worldwide thank me for it. And, sappy as it sounds, I love to spend time with my husband, talking, walking, playing racquetball, or just cuddling.

Visit Donna's webpages at http://www.donnahatch.com http://donnahatch.blogspot.com/

Order The Stranger She Married on line at www.thewildrosepress.com_

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Donna. You do so many things it is awesome. I do none of what you do. I think you are a very active lady... I love harps music, but I am scare of water. lol Oh well I am glad you are not. Great interview Joan.

    ReplyDelete