Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Ideal High by Valerie Ipson

Don't let Ideal High's simple cover fool you. It is a powerful story of one girl’s positive influence on a Texas high school that has a huge problem with bullying.

After six of her friends are killed in a tragic fire, Taryn Young sets out to improve how students treat each other on and off campus. At first there is much resistance, many saying, “That’s the way things are”, or that demeaning others is the tradition of the school. Even administration denies that the problem exists.

Author Valerie Ipson
This intense story offers mystery, drama, and suspense. I could hardly put it down, and have thought about the story for days after finishing it.


Ideal High is well written and delivers a great message. Parents and teens alike should read it. It will make us better people and more sensitive to our fellowmen, and aware of what is happening around us--if we take its message to heart.

I give Ideal High the Most-Valuable-High-School-Novel award.

Buy Ideal High on Amazon. Visit Valerie Ipson's website.

Back of the book blurb:

There's no way I'm taking Blake's place as president of the student body. As soon as the memorial for him and six of our fires is over, I'm resigning as VP. Really.

Except people say the fire was no accident.

(I say it's way too easy to blame someone who's dead.)

When I read the writing on the wall, literally, the bathroom wall, I know what it means. To get to the truth I have to come out from under my paisley comforter.

But seriously, what stage of grief says I have to be the one to fix what's wrong at Ideal High?

Maybe I'm the one who's broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment