Monday, August 6, 2012

Author Ranee S. Clark



Welcome to author Ranee S. Clark.     Recently, one of her short stories, Haven, was published in an anthology titled,                        It's a Love Thing
Ranee's has been writing since she was old enough to grasp a crayon--her grandma even has an early copy of a "book" she made her. She has a bachelor's degree in history from the University of Wyoming and will (hopefully) soon be starting a graduate program in English. When she's not breaking up impromptu UFC fights in the living room or losing miserably to her six-year-old at Uno, she's ... well, writing (or editing), of course! She's married to her best friend and has 2.5 rambunctious, but simply amazing, little boys. She blogs about writing and editing at raneesclark.blogspot.com


Hi, Raneé! Please tell us how you discovered you loved to write? 

I've been writing so long I can't really say! In fact, just this weekend my grandma gave me some "books" I wrote for her when I was seven or eight. I used to write these short, little stories that involved adventures for me and my friends. I had always said I wanted to be a writer someday, but I didn't get serious about seeking to publish my work until about four years ago, after I finished my first NaNo WriMo novel, BLOOM, which I'm starting to query again.

What publications have you had a part in?

Besides a history article in the University of Wyoming's online history journal, I have three short stories published at this time. One, a speculative fiction romance called HAVEN is featured in the IT'S A LOVE THING anthology. The second, FOR CHOICES, is published under a pseudonym in a book called VALUE STORIES FOR YOUNG WOMEN. The third, ANGEL, is available on Amazon.

Tell about It’s A Love Thing -

I first heard about it through Sherry Gammon, who I'd done some editing for. She contacted me about submitting for an anthology they were putting together. I didn't expect them to want HAVEN, since it's not exactly the light, summertime "love thing" they were looking for! :D To my surprise, they accepted it, yay. It's been a great experience learning about how publishing works.
IT'S A LOVE THING is a collection of short stories by various authors of varying genres that focus on one thing - summer love.

What are you working on now?

I am always so scattered with my projects. In between editing assignments, I'm working on a major rewrite for a novel called KISSING A SUPERHERO. In the meantime, I'm also going back to querying BLOOM (which I queried for a few months last year). And working on editing a regency novella. Among a million other little things. :)

Best wishes with the querying! What are your goals for the future?

I would like to be Kiersten White or Sarah Eden -- that's probably not realistic, is it? I want a published book eventually and be represented by an agent who is awesome to work with.

What is something most people don’t know about you that you could share?
I love to scrapbook digitally and also sew, both hobbies that don't get a lot of time when I'm focusing on writing! 

Thank you for the interview, Raneé!
                   
                                                              

4 comments:

  1. Great to learn more about you, Ranee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the title "KISSING A SUPERHERO." That's a winner! And I think I'd love reading "IT"S A LOVE THING." Sounds really fun. Good luck getting into grad school. And does 2.5 mean one is on the way? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete